This is taken from Nigella Lawson’s website at: www.nigella.com
- 1 white cabbage (about 1kg / 2lbs before trimming)
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 spring onions
- 200 grams mayonnaise (preferably organic)
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 100 grams pecan nuts (fairly finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Trim and shred the cabbage, either by hand or with a food processor.
- Peel and grate the carrots, and finely slice the celery and spring onions.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, maple syrup and vinegar and coat the shredded vegetables with this dressing.
- Season, and toss through the chopped nuts.